Parents who usually meet students outside the main entrance to walk home will instead come through the front doors and go to the cafeteria to get them.
Car riders will be dismissed through the cafeteria doors. Cars will form a single-file line in the drive approaching the cafeteria. School staff will communicate to get students outside as their rides near the front of the line. To help us keep things moving as quickly as possible, please write the names and grade levels of any students who ride with you on an 8”x11” paper and place it on the passenger side of the inside of your windshield.
Please be patient and attentive to changes in traffic flow as we implement and refine these new procedures.
Kindergarten Round-Up is Thursday May 9th!
There will be a parent meeting from 9:15 to 10:45, and kindergarten classrooms can be visited all day. Parents will receive an information packet and complete enrollment forms, and will have the opportunity to meet teachers and other staff, learn about the curriculum, and find out about immunization requirements.
Children must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2013 to be eligible for kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year.
Please bring the following with you:
- birth certificate or a hospital record of your child
- social security number
- records from any school your child has already attended
Future kindergarten students will receive a surprise gift for meeting with us! Please call 973-1900 if you have any questions.
Shirts must be solid red, white, light blue, or navy blue, and must have sleeves and collars. Boys' shirts must be tucked in at all times. If girls are wearing fitted/tailored shirts, they will not be required to tuck them in.
- Tank tops, sleeveless shirts, spaghetti straps, hooded sweatshirts, and shirts that show midriff are not permitted.
- Any logos on tops or bottoms must be smaller than the size of a thumb.
- No extremely oversized or baggy clothing.
- Students may wear a long-sleeved shirt under their short-sleeved, collared shirt; however, these must also be in the dress code colors.
- Jackets may be worn in the classroom as needed. Only uniform sweaters (not hoodies or sweatshirts) are allowed throughout the building and must be in the dress code colors.
Bottoms must be plain khaki or navy blue. No blue jeans, sweats, corduroys, leggings, capri pants, cargo shorts, or cargo pants are allowed. "Sagging" is not tolerated.
Acceptable clothing may include:
- Shorts/Skorts/Skirts/Jumpers - must be even with or longer than the child's fingertips when his/her arms are at his/her side.
- Slacks - no longer than the top portion of the child's shoe sole.
- Tights - if girls choose to wear tights or socks with their jumpers or skirts, they must follow the dress code colors.